Thursday, January 13, 2011

All Things Pink...



Despite my efforts my house is full of pink. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate pink. I just think that all too often the color is forced upon our lil girls. After all, everyone knows that the girl aisles in any store are pink. For this reason alone I tried to steer clear of the ominous stereotypical color. I didn't want my daughter to be force fed the color until she choked on it. It needed to be a conscious decision by her. And it was. My now almost three year old loves the color.

We go to her closet in the morning to get dressed and the only shirts she picks out to wear are PINK. Since she's my little shopping buddy I took her shopping last week to buy some new shoes. She had all the cutest shoes to pick from. She picked these.....
I have to admit that I am proud they're not completely pink. However, what they lack in overly girlish colors they make up for in sparklys. You may not be able to tell from the picture but these shoes are covered in glittery sparkles. So if you touch them you too have the pleasure of being glittered.

Now as I plan for my little Miss Emma Bear's third birthday party we are once again being thrown into the deep end of the pink pool. I asked her what kind of party she wanted to have. Told her it could be whatever kind of party she wanted. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes, blinked once as if to say 'you have to ask?'. Then simply stated 'pink'. As matter of factly as the sun will rise and the sun will set.

As I continue swimming in a sea of pink clothes, hair ties, blankets and toys I can only hope to bring balance back to the color wheel.

1 comment:

  1. My house has gone from a little less pink to a sea of purple!

    ReplyDelete