Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Wonderful Sick Day

Yesterday was not a good day but it could of been much worse. I woke up with a slight headache but chose to ignore it. Big mistake. Within an hour my slight headache turned into a full on migraine. Migraines are kinda incapacitating for me. Head pain turns to blurred vision which leads to nausea and then there ya go. I'm sick on several levels. I can't handle light or sound. Can't move without getting sick. Overall, not fun. And to top it off I had my three kids for the next 8 hours before Daddy would be home to help.

The wonderful part of this story comes first from the kids. Alex and Emma came up to me and gave me hugs because I didn't feel good. They caressed my cheeks and told me they loved me. I told them that they had to be very good for me. Alex wrangled his brother and sister up and took them to his bedroom and closed the door. He tried to keep the kids in his room all morning. It was the sweetest thing he could of done for me. After spending most of the morning being sick in the bathroom I managed to get myself into the kitchen. Afterall, the kids had to eat lunch. The walk to the kitchen made the sink my new get sick locale. I was able to throw together some grilled cheese sandwiches and some snacks from the pantry. As they sat at the table eating their lunches I got Williams bed ready and Emma a pull up. I sat it on the couch and told Emma that when she was all done eating she needed to put it on and take a nap. She did it so sweetly with no fight. Just got up, changed, gave me a kiss and went to bed. She was so good about it which never happens. Then Alex cleared his and his sisters plates and played quietly so I could take a nap on the couch. When I woke up him and his sister were playing in their room with the door closed. I was feeling less queasy and my headache was less severe again.

The other wonderful part of this story comes from David. Since I no longer felt the urge to die everytime I moved I decided I could make dinner so I set out something simple to make when David got home. But, he didn't think that I should cook at all. So after coming home and checking on me he ran to the store. He bought me some chowder and wheat thins. Then got him and the kids drive thru. He got the kids plates all ready when he got home and then made my chowder for me. After dinner he washed all the dishes and cleaned the kids room. He let me sit down all night and relax.

I had a wonderful sick day. I was surrounded by the love and support of my three babies and great husband. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

1 comment:

  1. Just another example of how truely blessed you are! You are greatly loved by that wonderful family you've created with David. You can always call me to help as well. If I'm at work I'll leave. Family first!!

    ReplyDelete