Friday, January 14, 2011

What You're Made Of

Earlier tonight I heard someone say 'Its about what your made of on the inside'. That really struck me. Not that I haven't heard that expression on numerous occasions. But to truly take it in and analyze it was not something I've really done. We're all familiar with cliches that we throw out everytime we or someone we know goes through a hard time. But do we ever stop to truly listen to them? To not only hear the words but to feel them?

Forest Gump's Mama seemed to at least have a similar metaphor when she told him 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get'. Although these are two different quotes they seem to correlate within my mind. One telling us how much our life is unknown to us. The other professing significance not on the unknown but on the manner in which we conduct ourselves through it.

We are all placed into situations that we aren't prepared for. Situations where maybe there seems no right or wrong answer. Where the only distinction is in how we react to it. There are many ways to handle a crack in ones path. Do you carefully walk around it? Jump straight over it? Or do you simply stop and turn around?

First and foremost, its an emotional reaction. I've let my emotions get the best of me on numerous accounts and have no one to blame but myself. I haven't always been a glass half full kind of woman either but that's about to change. I'm striving to be the best me that I can be.



You want to know what I'm made of? I'm made of strength, integrity, perseverance, loyalty, passion, harmony, and gratification. Now, whats inside you?

1 comment: